Shakespeares Ugly Braid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by KingCatBrad, Feb 24, 2007.

1. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    I was looking up some Ugly Stik Tiger Rods and found this new line called Ugly Braid by Shakespeare. I was just wanting to know if any one has used it and if so how did they like it? I use Power Pro now but PRICE wise they cost about the same. Power Pro 300yrds 65lb Test $29.99 Ugly Braid 300yrds 65lb Test $34.99. I think I get it cheaper at Walmart but these quotes are from Cabela's.

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Ugly Braid is probably good line, but why take a chance if Power Pro is doing the job. My philosophy is like with new car models, let others be the guinea pigs. If its around the second or third year and the reports are good, then maybe buy it.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Experience has just spoken. Pay attention and save a lot of money in the future. Don't let the tackle fever (got to have it) get to you. Keep it simple.:lol: :wink: :smile2:

4. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I saw that line advertised in bassin magazine. I hope to give it a try soon.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I just got some of that line about a week ago from Cabela's in the 20lb test. Only Because a just started using Braid for most of my Ba$$ fishing last year & I do alot of Flippin & Pitching into Mats & Weeds & I think it will help me out alot in that Dept. I'll let you know how its works for me when I use it for the frist time at the "Deltalover Houseboat Gathering" next week.
    :cross:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    If it was less than power pro i might try it but untill the price changes ill let someone else use it.

7. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have the 15 pound ugly braid (4 lb diameter) on my medium light spinning outfit and love it, gives me alot of varitey. i can catch small bream on small jigs and last week landed a 15 pound carp in nasty snag-fested water. i havent had any problems with it. hope this helps.