Shakespeare

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by shingman6, Aug 23, 2007.

1. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

State:
    South Carolini
    Does anyone use the shakespeer {Tidewater} reel?And how is it for catfishing?

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Steve welcome to the BOC, I had one it did not last long for me. Get u a Abu or Shimano.

3. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

State:
    South Carolini
    thanks for info on the tw

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Basically, many hate Tidewaters, some like them. Most prefer Abu for biatcasters, Shimano for spinners. Some of us like other spinning reels too. I like Penn. But, Abu and Penn are my favorites for baitcasters.

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have 2 tidewater 30L reels and they are still going strong after several years.I fish regularly, have never cleaned them, and have caught catfish over 80 lbs. on them. I know other people have had bad experiences with them, but they are inexpensive, hold a lot of line, and have been durable based on my experience.

6. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    The tide water is a good catfish reel if you keep up on the maintenance. But a higher end baitcaster will have better performance and last longer if properly cared for.

7. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I just got 2 off of Ebay. They are the TW30LB model. they look a little different then the ones at walmart. Haven't got them on a pole yet but everything seems rugged and smooth.

8. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have 4 of the TW10L reels and they are GREAT! I fish with them all the time. They cast well and will winch in a big old catfish. These are the smallest version in the Tide Water series but are the same reel. The handle 50lb mono with ease but the 30lb cast better on them. I clean them with water every so often and oil them every once in a while and thats it. I fish a very sandy river and they get sand all over them and keep right on going! I have ABU and Shimano reels ine the boat also and they are good too. But for the money a Tide Water is a good reel!

9. Trophy-Minnow

Trophy-Minnow New Member

State:
    ohio
    I bought 2 shakespeare reels when i started getting into catfishing around 2002 and both reels only lasted a summer, and many times i had to take them apart to fix the clicker because it had a poor design. Bought Abu's and never looked back.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I cant cast the tidewaters worth a darn, plus the drag on mine is extremly jerky..I have a 20-L and dont use it anymore.