Shakespeare yardsale

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by CKT, Nov 30, 2007.

1. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Has anyone heard the dates for the shakespeare yardsale this year?

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Never heard of it. Let us know if you find out.

3. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    What is the shakespeare yardsale? Sorry for the possible stupid questions but I have never heard of it and would love to know more.:eek:oooh:

Thanks
    David

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ME TOO............!

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ME THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused2:

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    LOL! FOUR! :eek:oooh:

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That sale was on April 14th this year, usually about that same time each year I think.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Did they have any of the PENN items in it? Do you know if they have made any Major changes to them since the buy out? Haven't heard anything any where was just wandering if ya may know?
    thanks. Randy

9. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    no I went to the sale this year and they had JUST bought Penn. They SHOULD have some penn rods & reels and tommy was right the sale is some time around april. I'll post the news on next years sale when I get the word. I spent about $350.00 on ughly sticks and shakespear reels an got enough gear to last me probley the rest of my life. The reals were brand new still in the boxs on palets with the full warrenty (they were the older modles pulled to intro the new line) at retail in the store it would have cost about $1000.00 :0a26:

10. SaludaCat

SaludaCat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yeah sounds like something i would definitely check out. Keep us posted if you find out anything

11. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Shakespeare was bought out by a new company and from what I heard they were going to do away with all the used and rebuilt reels. So I have not heard about the rods but will keep my ears open.

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    TO THOSE OF US WHO ARE NOT WITH THIS COULD ONE OF YOU PLEASE FILL US IN ON THIS?WHO,WHAT,WHY,WHERE ...WHEN????????

13. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Kenny, I haven't heard about the sale of Shakespeare, so can't comment on that, but Shakespeare has been having a huge 'rummage' sale at the S.C. state fairgrounds in Columbia for several years, at least, usually in April. I've not attended myself, but have seen some impressive deals that were made by those who did. It's kind of like an annual yardsale to clear out old models, re-manufactured, or flawed equipment, but everything is supposed to be serviceable equipment. Hopefully someone who has attended will chime in and add better info for you.

14. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Maybe they do something online to? Thats a long haul for a day of buying a little and wishing a whole lot more. Keep us posted.

Chris

15. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  16. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    It is know as the Shakespeare Yardsale. I happens every year in mid-april at the South Carolina State Fair Grounds. It happens of a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The Friday is for Shakespeare employees and people who are disabled. I always go on Friday because i know someone who gets me some tickets to get in early in exchange for a visit to our lake house. Saturday and Sunday it usually opens around 8:00 am, but people start lining up around 5:30 or 6:00. I will keep everyone posted on when it is going to happen this year when i get some more information. Also they sell brand new rods and reals and they also sell refurbished ones. One year they had paintball guns and all kinds of stuff, but last year they didn't. it just depends on the year. The main brands of equipment are plfeuger, shakespeare, and allstar. It is free of charge to everyone, but on Friday you have to have a ticket from an employee or proff of disablity.

17. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Matt,
    Do you know who we could contact to get dates or more information? I would need to stay over night so advance notice and more information would be helpful.
    What type of prof of disability? I am disabled and have a rather large folder of doctors reports that say that I am disabled. Are we talking proof from the government, doctor, wife, etc?:smile2:
    Thanks
    David

18. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i really don't know about the proof of disability. most of the disabled people that attened last year were in wheelchair, but i guess if you bring a note from a doctor that would be fine. I usually know around march when they are gonna be hving the show, so as soon as i know y'all will know too.

19. bomber

bomber New Member

State:
    SC
    I go every year. It usually the Second Saturaday in april. Its in the Canty Building across from the Gamecocks football Stadium. They have lots of rods, reels and line. I buy the sturdystick rods which sell for 10 dollars and the Tidewarter reels which are 18. You can call Shakesphere of Columbia for more info. Their number is on the internet. Get their early if you come. Its a madhouse. I also heard that shakesphere was sold and did look it up to verify it but I would call and see if the sale is going to happen this year.