Shakespeare Yardsale

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by CKT, Feb 16, 2007.

1. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Does anyone know when the shakespeare yardsale is in columbia SC???

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    It's scheduled for Apri 14th. :smile2:

3. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Is the sale at the columbia fair grounds? ive never been and planning to go this year ! any advice, should i be there early ?

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Keith, I've never been either, but everyone that has says to be there very early for the best buys, and if you see something that you want, don't wait to grab it or someone else will beat you to it. I know some fellas that get really good deals there. There was a thread here a short time back pertaining to the sale, http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7520&highlight=sale

It is at the fair grounds, 8:00 am

5. WhiskerSticker40

WhiskerSticker40 New Member

State:
    SC
    Guys:
    I have been to many of the yard sales. There are hundreds of people who start lining up out side the fairgrounds around 4:30 to be the first one at the door. The gates do not open until 6:30 (I think) and the doors do not open until 8:00. The line will be stretched from the doors back to the parking lot gates when the doors open. The guys that sell at flea markets will be there by the hundreds, or at least it seems that way. It reminds me of the Friday after Thanksgiving at Wally World.
    There are some great deals on everything from new rods, reels, combos, line, life vests, etc... They also have remanufactered reels as well as many other items. Be forewarned however that most of the rods that are in the barrells are seconds. If you look at the rod handles and you see an "S" stamped into the butt, it is a second. It might have chipped paint, wrong color tip, bent guide, etc.
    If you want to wait until around 9:00 to get there, some items will be gone but the later it gets in the day, the more they mark down. You can get a spinning combo that is great for bream, small cats and bass for $10 to $15. However around 11:00 they might announce that this combos are now 1/2 price ($5 to $7.50). The warranty repaired reels will be marked down but by this time most of the bigger units will be gone.
    It is a rather hectic day but once you get the hang of it, it is a great chance to get some nice gear rather inexpensively. One additional tip: Take a duffle bag with you to put your stuff in while you walk around. The military duffle bags work great, it will hold about 20 rods, and a bunch of reels and other items. Hopes this helps.

WhiskerSticker40

6. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I think I will sleep in and miss this event.