Shakespeare yardsale

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by katdaddy, Apr 3, 2006.

1. katdaddy

katdaddy New Member

State:
    anderson sc
    I was wondering if anybody was going to the shakespeare sale saturday at the state fairgrounds.This will be my first time any one ever been before i was curious about what all they have.

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I havent been but do remember someone else posting on this. If I remember right they said to get there early, an hour or two, to stand in line. Know what you want to pick up and dont waste anytime getting it. Heard it goes fast with ebay around. Good Luck it sounds like a heck of a sale.

3. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Yeah im gonna go. I cant remember what time it opens, but i remember they said to get their earlier

4. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    keep a tight hold on what you buy there will be thieves on the prowl.and get what you want early cause it does go fast. also you may want to take more money than you think you will need cause they have some real good deals.

5. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    What time would you recommend arriving?

Ive got to get about 12 rods already for me and family/friends

6. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Doors open at 0830. Best to be in line 0700-0730 at the latest. Check out the weather before you go. I could be a long, cold wait if you don't dress for it. I learned the hard way.

7. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    if i was going again i would be there no later than 630 to 7.

8. katdaddy

katdaddy New Member

State:
    anderson sc
    went down to the yardsale yesterday got some great deals on some good equipment.Anyone who can get to this event really should attend it.I wish that they would have it more than once a year.Does anyone know about any similar sales like this I really enjoyed it.:)

9. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Yeah i had a good time also. Made 2 trips, first one to get the cat rods I needed as i figured they would sell out first. I also grabbed 3 10' ugly stiks to sell on ebay, although i think i am gonna end up keeping them for surf rods lol.

anyway initial rush was hectic. I then left and got something to eat and came back around 10:30 Picked up some of the second hand reels at good prices, along with the 6 combos my coworkers asked me to get.

I was really disappointed that they only had 100+ # cajun line.

If you go next year here are some things to look for. Check your rods/reels very carefully. I noticed a lot of rods with damage in one form or another but at same price as the ones that were new. If your getting one of the second reels (returns/refurbs) make sure you play with them to make sure it works. Also they sell pflueger reels, but i didnt bring money to cover this. Had 300 to spend and i spent almost all of it.