Shakespeare Yard Sale

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by ToonCat, Feb 3, 2006.

1. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Just found out that the annual Shakespeare yard sale will be held on Saturday, April 8th at the Columbia fairgrounds. It starts at 0830, but I recommend if you go be there no later than 7-730 as the line gets very long outside. Its a great opportunity to load up on Shakespeare equip at a fraction of the retail price.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Steve, have you been to that sale before? I've know about it for a couple of years but haven't actually been. I wouldn't mind having some more ugly stik rods if they have them.

3. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Tommy, I try to go every year. It's a big and early arriving crowd. As I said they open doors at 8:30 and up until them you wait outside in line.....expect line 100-200 yards long by 7:30. But it's worth it, they have thousands of rods and hundreds of reels along with everything else Shakespeare makes. A typical Catfish Ugly Stik goes for about $10. They're all top quality in terms of integrity but may have a small blemish or other imperfection. Last year I picked up a 7' Ugly Stik Tiger for $15. As you know, they're about $55 at BPS. What would be considered high demand items are picked up fast. With eBay around, people buy there and sell online. They will be the ones standing in line outside with a barrel to put rods in. I've kind of developed a strategy....and that is, know what you want before you get there and get in line early. When the doors open, it's turmoil. Typically I'm looking for Ugly Stik Cats and Stripers, so I'll scan the room quickly for white rods then run to them. Always got my eye open for the orange Tiger Rod. It's fun and it's an experience. If you're a dedicated fisherman as the brothers on this board are, it's worth the trip, ecspecially if you live in SC.

4. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Sounds like good time, although Id have to leave way early to make it. If anyone goes I would definitely consider buying them a rod for the trouble of buying a few for me :p

5. katdaddy

katdaddy New Member

State:
    anderson sc
    I plan on going to the sale is the fairgrounds located near the stadium.

6. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    it's right across the street, you can't miss it!!!!

7. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    sounds like alot of good buys and alot of fun. im going to try to make it