Shakespeare Yard Sale

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by matt8823, Feb 21, 2008.

1. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have good and bad news on the yard sale. They are gonna have it, but this yaer will be the last year. They are moving there whole facility out west. When we found out my dad said we better go and spend like $5,000. to stock up on equipment. When i get more specifics about the dates i will let y'all know.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    wish it was closer to me....

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Keep us posted as to when, please!
    BB in SC

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Where is out west? Do ya know?

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Overseas is out west. They were bought out at the end of last year and moving all of there stuff out of the USA. I heard they let everyone in Columbia go and took all of the Shakespeare logos off of everything.

6. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    If they are moving out of country they wont get anymore support by me.I am tired of buying stuff from China/Japan/Mexico. American fishermen should buy American products.

7. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Brian
    I agree with you 100%, I'm sick of our own product being shoved down our mouths and it not tasting at all of American dirt.:angry:

8. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I feel like I just put my foot in my mouth just realized I bought 3 CATMAXX's from Bass Pro made in China.I didn't realize it till I checked the bottom of box.
    My question is there any true American Reels?

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Newell, Avet, and I believe some of the Penn reels are still made in the USA. Most Shakespeare tackle including Ugly Stiks have been made in China for several years.

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The little bit of Penn stuff that is still made in the USA isnt any longer cause they were bought by shackespeare last year and all that is going overseas also. I was told today that they are thinking of scraping the whole shackespeare name and super concentrating on the Penn name.

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That sounds like a great opportunity, However I don't think I'll be able to make it with my current situation.

12. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Guys I went to the shakespere yard sale twice ,in one trip,first and last,It was the most crowded place I have been,mad house,folks just grabbing up whole arm fulls of rods,other folks tryimg out the actions of rods,I had to do more weeving and bobbing that a boxer to not get an eye put out.Yes they are a great deals,but I would suggest if you only need one rod or two,dont fight the crowd,it looked like a kickoff at a ball game,all the people running to get in.but if you need a whole lot of stuff I'm sure its worth it.On usa made stuff,I have one old ugly stick and penn 920 reel that was made here.Almost everything is china made.I told this young,just married guy at work the shoot,he was probally gonna have to go to china to make a baby ,since almost everything else was made there.

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I paid close attention that the 2 Ambassadeur 6000s I bought were made in Sweden. The Chinese versions appear well made, and are cheaper, but you can't judge a book by it's cover. I try not to fool with Chinese much but, I bought a Shakespeare telescoping bream pole and it was Chinese. :-( I do my best to support America, (or rather anti China/Mexico/Taiwan/ETC) but it's tough to be exclusively American these days. As an individual, I can do nothing about it. That's up to our government. I don't dwell on it.
    Bill in SC

14. bomber

bomber New Member

State:
    SC
    It is April 12th from 9-1:00 at the State fairgrounds across from Gamecocks football statium.

15. bomber

bomber New Member

State:
    SC
    Matt where did you get that information that this was the last year of the sale? It has been an annual event for many years.

16. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bomber shakespeare is no longer they are going out ogf the country and I dont think they are gonna come back to columbia for the annual sale.

17. bomber

bomber New Member

State:
    SC
    Not trying to argue but I live down the street from the Shakesphere plant here in Columbia and they are still open and the sign still says Shakesphere out front.

18. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    A women my family has know for years works for Shakespeare. And she stopped in at my sister's job (State Farm) and she was telling my sister that they have already done away with alot of jobs, and that this is gonna be the last year that they are gonna have the Yardsale. She said in the next few months they are gonna start getting rid more jobs and then they are gonna close.

19. monstercatmatt

monstercatmatt New Member

State:
    n.c.
    hey matt do u no where it will be held at yet cause im in nc and will make a road trip 4 some equitment on sale

20. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    It is gonna be held at the South Carolina State Fair Grounds.