Shakespeare Ugly Stick "Tiger"?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by KanHeadhunter, Mar 28, 2007.

1. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    What is the longest rod they make in the Tiger model? I'm talking about the Mustard/Yellow colored one. All I have found at Catfish Connections is a 7 ft.

Would a 7 foot rod be to small for fishing moving water at a dam?

Thanks.

2. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I know they used to make surf rods in Tigers, I bought one for my spinning reel 2 years ago for 40.00 for a 11' rod, however they don't make them anymore---got it off of ebay. I think they may make 8' rods but they would most likely be 2 piece, don't know about using it at the dam area with moving water, do to the leverage of a 7' I'd say it'd work great but most certainly a longer rod would get farther out.

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I think 8' is the longest, but it's a skinny, flexible rod compared to the 7' Tigers. I'd instead recommend something like the Ugly Stik Big Water Casting BWC 1100, which comes in 10 and 12 foot lengths.

It partly depends on what you are trying to accomplish... I use 7' rods below dams all the time, and only switch to longer rods where I think I need a little more casting distance.

4. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I am assuming your bank fishing not knowing the distance needed to cast i would say thats the primary question .but i think if distance casting is needed that the big water 10' or longer big water rod would be the better bet. if a lot of distance is not the issue the seven foot tiger is hard to beat.

5. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I guess I should of add that in my 1st post........I will be bank fishing and it is a casting rod.

Thanks.