Shakespeare ugly stick rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by TOPS, Aug 15, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    How many members use the ugly stick rods? For the money ,I think they are very good rods. If you break one Shakespeare will replace it,in my opinion one can not beat that.

2. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I have 2 ugly stik catfish baitcasting rods and i love them. I also have 2 other 2-piece spincast ugly stik rods for crappie fishing and baitfishing.

3. bull_head

bull_head New Member

State:
    Laceyville, PA
    I have one Shakespeare Ulgy Stik "Tiger" in the spinning combo ...

I like it alot ... and for the price you cant go wrong

mike

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
  5. polecatter

polecatter Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have several Uglies and like them a lot. A couple are paired with Penn 209's, one is paired with a Tidewater 30LB and one is going begging at the moment because I am undecided as to what reel to put on it. May get another Tidewater. Also have a Ugly Stik "Tiger" that will be paired with a 7000 C3 if I can find a new one made in Sweden and not in Taiwan.............. just a personal preference thing! Have many more R & R's, but that about does it for the Shakespeare's at present. Just need to hook up with some cats. Haven't had much luck lately.

Yep Ugly Stiks are Great!!

Larry (polecatter)

6. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    :frk-big: that's alot of ugly stiks!

i have two personally.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Its unlimited rod in a boat here so I have as many as I can. :)

8. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I have two and I love them had three but i gave one away to a kid that needed a fishing pole and wanted to start catfishing. Seemed like the thing to do at the time. :crying:

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i have 6 ugly stiks....out of 23 rod and reels :eek:

10. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    ugly sticks are a good rod but i think the are to stiff after i used a nite stick.
    but i have to give sheakespeare some credit on there rods they make them better than their reels in my opion, a year ago my cousin and i were fishin a dollar pond and and he hooked the 92lb blue tag fish, as the fish came to the bank the 11ft ugly stick snapped along with the line. so he called shakespeare and told them the situation, they said they wanted a picture of the fish, my cousin responded i cant produce a picture the line snapped along with the rod, thats when the service guy said right answer because if u landed the fish with the rod snapped we would know it wasnt the reason the rod had snapped. so after all that he sent the rod in they sent him a new one. and four days after receiving new one. he received a call from the service guy at shakespeare explaing what happened. the guy told him the that the line had snapped before the rod and amout of pressure that was applied to the rod .and backward force that was produced is what made the rod snap. so i geuss what im saying is that shakespeare customer service is pretty superior

11. RMXmitch

RMXmitch New Member

State:
    x
    I bought an ugly stick for my abu 6500c3 cant complain. Seems very tough for its size.

12. catfish1605

catfish1605 Member

State:
    Findlay, OH
    I have 2, one for channel cats and an ultralight.

13. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I have 2 ugly stik catfish rods paired with abu 6500 C3's. I have no complaints whatsoever. I'm thinking about getting another one soon.

14. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I have two Ugly Stick Cat Rods, 7', MH. Both rods have Abu 6000's mounted on them. I also have two 6.5' Ugly Sticks. Both are MH. One has a Abu 6000 and the other a Diawa Millioniar 5H. Those rods are my cat rods. For other fishing, bass, crappie, and pan fish, I have IM6 graphite rods of various weights and styles. Four spinning rigs from ultra light to MH, and four other bait casting rigs. Two of these are bass pro reels that I'm sure are made my Shakesphere.

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    1 Ugly M/H with one 6500 and 1 M with another 6500 and a 2 piece ugly with a spinner

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I have used ugly sticks 6.5' and 7' MH big water boat rods to snag for paddlefish for about 5 years now.I've yet to have any one break one, and have boated literally 100's of fish with them.This includes largest fish of 102 lbs.I do also use them as catfish rods at times.

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i have one ugly stick catfish rod, got it for $20 clearence. it seems like a great rod. i put an antique abu 5000 from the 50's on it. yet to catch anything big on it but seems like its super sensitive at tip yet a good stiff rod. its a 7'.

18. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Have several Ugly Stiks. I use the Ugly Cats from Walmart for channel cats and have an Ugly Stik Tiger in M/H for flats. Strong and dependable rods.

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I have about 5 Ulgy Stick rods total. I think they art the best rods that you can buy for the money. :)

Bert :cool:

20. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I have 2 Ugly stiks, both are Tiger rods. They are tough as nails. If a fish breaks either one I will be proud to know him. I WILL be gettin some more of these rods. Good stuff for the money.

whatever it takes

Cheez