Shakespeare Ugly Stick - Med Action

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by fishinpals, Jun 8, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Was at wally world today and looked at a Shakespeare Ugly Stick (7'). Top three eyes were suppose to glow in the dark. Med action good enough for channels up to 20 lbs?? Would be using Shimano Corsair 300A that I've had for a long time. Would be spooled with 20 lb test line.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I have two of those same rigs and they work great for channels. When I fish the river near the house that what I carry with me.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    i've Only Got One Of Them For Now.and I Love It. Frist Time I Ever Owned One. Love The Action It Has.

4. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Thanks guys. Think I will go pick one up.
    Have a good one.

5. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Considering my ultralight Ugly Stik brought in a 7# channel, a medium should do just fine. :big_smile:

6. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use one and they are able to battle decent channels. I actually have to lift some cats over a cement wall and that rod is up to the test

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ugly is beeuutiful, no matter what the weight. I like mine for channels nice tips very bouncy almost pert. the butt section is real tight too. and what eyes to behold and entice Mr. Whiskers. :wink: My other poles are jealous of the attention i show the ugly sisters. no they are not twins one is MH and the other is ML but what a build they have. Strong shoulders are a plus for the big fights along with soft grips for fingers. the seats are reel nice. Wheather dancing with a cat in spinning or casting dress they are not formal just nice patners. Shake a leg with one and find out .

8. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Have One & It's A Great Rod To Use W/Circle Hooks, Especially When Fishing For Channels.