Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Shakespeare Ugly Stick Big Water Casting rod 12 foot length and EXTRA HEAVY rated for up to 24 ounces. Hoping to find a nice used one cheaper than the $75 new one.

Need one big rod for a little distance that will handle the weight to keep bait on the bottom in heavy current. Have to Shakespeare Powerrods in 10 and 12 foot that don't have the backbone for more than about 8 ounces.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i found some rods called fish sticks there 6 footers but short n stout and 20 bucks its a spinner and casting models i almost got one for the price but i think there to short... but i was thinking if its a short super stout rod will it cast a heavy sinker out far ? seeing how the rod will not bend like lite ones do thus casting farther ? not sure but it was a great price and they were rate for 20-30 lb line and up to 8 ounces. just seen your post and though you might have more experience with longer casts and might point me in the rite dirrection and maybe point out a cheap rod for you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.