Shakespeare Tiger Spincasting Rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by PTDixieGal, Jul 24, 2008.

1. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    My mother loaned me her Shakespeare Tiger Spincasting rod. It's a medium/heavy action rod...the only place I've seen them is Wal-Mart. My mother loves hers...I was wondering if anyone else had tried them...I'm considering getting a couple of them for myself.

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    If you are referring to Shakespeare Ugly Stik Tiger rods, then yes, I have 6 of them. Mine are baitcasting, though. I sure didn't know Wally sold them. I got mine at Cabela's, for about $60 apiece. Somehow, I can't picture Wally selling these.

3. Jeff Meyer

Jeff Meyer New Member

State:
    Mineral Point, Wisconsin
    Wally sells the Shakespeare Tiger spincast combos for 30 bucks. They have a spinning combo also. I think they are 6'6" or 7' Heavy White rods with big reels, really good for catfishing.
    I am a former Wal-Mart Sporting Goods associate. I have been out for 4 months and I don't miss it yet.:smile2:

Jeff

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Obviously NOT the rods I have as you can see in my Avitar.

5. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Hey Jeff,

That would be the one!

6. KSCats

KSCats New Member

State:
    Neosho Rapids, Kansas
    There is a thread about these in the reel review section.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648

I have 3 of them, 7 ft medium action spinning. They're well worth the $20 each I paid for them. The rods are great and the reels are good(for the price). The 12lb line is junk though. Be sure to put good line on them if you plan on catching anything bigger than about 10 pounds. I put Berkley Big Game 25lb mono on mine and it made a big difference. The white rods show up great at night too. I pulled in a HUGE snapping turtle the other day. Had to drag him through a thick mess of brush and weeds too. I was a little worried about the rod but it held up fine. I have two other rods/reels that are better and I like them better too but they cost a LOT more. These are nice for the price though. You can load up on them for less than one "good" rod and reel.

7. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I have the same rods as you Kutter. I bought one a couple of weeks ago at wal-mart for 55 dollars and plan on getting another one this week. I love how the tip has some sensitivity, but is still strong enough to cast some heavy lead.

8. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I had a Zebco 808 Magnum that was prespooled with a 25 lb test line on my old rod when it broke. The reel was practically new and I'd rather have a 25 lb line so I just took the reel that came with it off and put the Zebco 808 on it. Dad and I plan on using the reel that came with the rod as a spare.

9. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    I think I will have to look into getting one of these to try myself. Thanks.:wink:

10. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I MAY go get a second one...I used my mother's once and I loved it! I haven't even used my own yet but I love the way this rod feels (it's the same rod, just mine has red lettering whereas hers has blue).

11. KSCats

KSCats New Member

State:
    Neosho Rapids, Kansas
    :big_smile_2:
    I have two older black ones, a grey one, and plan to get one or two of the red and blue ones.