Shakespeare Tidewater T20L

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by fisherman94580, Mar 4, 2007.

1. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Has anyone ever used this reel? Is it good and will it last?

2. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Ive looked at them and actually held one at the store...IMO they look and feel cheap...they do spin well and would probably cast well but I wouldnt want to hook up with a 30lb fish with one

3. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    I have been using a 20L and 30L each for a couple of years. They are a good buy for the price. They are harder to learn to cast with than say the Abu 6000. I have not had anything break. With the 4.? gear ratio you could reel in the kitchen sink. I use mine more for fishing straight down in deep water and for carp fishing. They make a good backup reel. I bought two new reels Friday spent my money on Abu 6500C3 at Academy $79 with a $10 mail in rebait.

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I've got 2 of them... I used them every weekend last year and caught cats up to and including my PB on them 44 lb flathead... You can't beat them for the price... I gave away a Abu 5000 and 6000 because I didn't like them.. When I upgrade it will be Penn's.. But until then I'll use the Tidewaters..

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    ive got three of them as for them lasting i dont know they seem to be good reels for the money as of last week i reeled 144 lb of fish in about 2 1/2 hours all with the tide water 30l there all right in my book

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have the Tidewater Freeliner Spinning Reel, its a good reel for the money.