Shakespeare Tidewater Reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Dirtdobber, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    My grandson came do this weekend and brought me a new reel. He had saved his money up and said he wanted to buy me a catfish reel. Has anyone used this reel? I don't think it will be easy to throw, but I'm going to use it even if I have to use it only in my boat.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i have 4 of them and have never had a problem with them... just takes a little getting used to if you dont use bait cAsters much..

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have a couple old 30lc and they are decent reels fer the $$ I abused the heck out of three of them and now have 2:wink: had to have parts(LOL)

4. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Like I said , my grandson bought it so I will use it. Not many 15yr olds will just buy a reel for their granddad. It means more to me than all my Abu's.

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    amen brother Jim that reel come from the hart with love that means a lot how many 15 year olds care that much nowa days

6. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    I'm proud of him. He came down for a skeet shoot with another grandson.
    This was their first shoot. They got 2nd&3rd. They both like to hunt more than fish, but this summer I will get them tangled with a big cat and see what happens.

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    use them all the time Sir, not a thing wrong with it, just like any of the rest, ya take care of them and they will last you til your grandson gets it back :wink:

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I love the tidewater reel. I have 8 of them and that is all I use.

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use Abu, but have owned several tidewaters in the past, they are better than you would think...

10. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I have two of the tidewaters and really like them. Especially for the money. They are really good reels for the price ya just can't beat them.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    by the way that is awsome ...grandad must be a special man:wink:..I like them reels and think there prety good fer the money...Ive landed several 20-25 lbers off the ones I have and they performed flawlessly:wink: Pose ya best be taking the boy fishen too:wink::smile2::cool2:(HINT) Granpa ya have a new reel to try out:wink:(LOL)

12. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    We already have a trip planned for spring break. His little brother says he is going to out fish both of us. :smile2:

13. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    They may hold up okay in the fresh water but we repair lots of them, when being used in the saltwater.

Definitely NOT the reel of choice for adverse conditions.....IMO

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey pm me with a report this is good stuff (LOL):wink:

15. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have 2 of them. I have used one of them the last 2 years for snagging spoonbill. Still works like it did when I got it.

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats a great gift, and I would be just as proud as you are...In fact it would soon become my favorite reel.

I am a abu man like you, and have a couple of the shakepere tidewaters...I dont use them, because I depend on long cast with 12 foot rods to reach my spots.

I cant cast the tidewaters very far with out getting birdsnest.

But they are a good reel for the money, and I hope you land some nice fish on it.

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    That would become the most valuable reel in my collection. Like Dallas said that gift came from the heart. Enjoy.

18. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    there good for the money i have the tidewater 30L and though i cant cast it as far as my Abu reels it steal gets the job done,so i cant complain to much.

19. cj7

cj7 New Member

State:
    AR
    I have a tw30 with a graphite spool. It is a great reel although I saw one recently with a stainless spool the other day it is next on my list:wink::cool2::smile2:

20. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I also have a couple and no problems with them at all.