Shakespeare Tidewater 30L Reel.

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Cathunter Pete, May 23, 2009.

1. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Does anyone have any information or opinions on these reels, I have used the Tidewater from Wal-Mart. However I found these Tidewater 30L which appear to be a lot different. Haven't a whole lot of info on them. I just got five display models off of EBAY for $99 w/ free shipping. Any info/opinions would be great. Thanks in advance. :big_smile:

2. OkieHenry

OkieHenry New Member

State:
    Hulbert, Oklahoma
    I think the 30L is the older style reel. even if not $99 is too much, I think there around $25 used.

3. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    I picked up 5 of them for $99.

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Sounds like you got a good deal! I had one once and it was a nice reel but I had to put some decent weight on it to cast them very far. I would say they would be nice for boat fishing.

5. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I love those reels, all I use.

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I've got two I use on our boat. Like them real well.

7. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I had one once and it was a nice reel

8. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have 4 of them as well and like them. they are the only reels i have for catfishing and since I mostly fish the river I use 6oz weight most of the time but even here at the lake I still realy never go smaller than 3oz but thats only because I always seem to only want to fish the other side of the lake regardless of wich side I am on.:roll_eyes: LOL:big_smile: but 5 for $100 sounds good to me I have picked up two off ebay for about 20 buck a pice. but even though they were good reels I just bought for parts for my new ones for when I do yearly cleanings I can replace worn parts if needed.

9. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i had one i bought a wal-mart and it was a good one till last night:sad2: i went to throw it out and it makes a god awful noies when i cast it (like something came loose inside it) i have just had it like 2 years so i guess ya get what ya pay for. by the way i paid 40 for mine new.