shakespeare skp2000s dont buy them...

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by biga, Dec 24, 2007.

1. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i bought 2 of these skp2000s shakespeare baitcaster reels this fall to get me by untill i got the cash for a couple penns or abu,s but these reels didnt last 2 trips before the gear for the level wind stripped all the teeth offf!! on both reels ... they look like good reels on the outside but they have 1 plastic gear in it that is the week point... just figured i would give a heads up!!

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Adam. I have a friend that has the same problems. I don't know if they have a decent warranty or not.:sad2:

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i got a reply today that they will not honor any warranty due to this model being discontinued..:sad2:

4. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    if i was you id go and buy a okuma saltwater bait casting reel good reels ive caught halibut on the spining reels and you cant beat em for catfishing.

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That's a bad deal, man. Sorry to hear they won't stand behind them. Discontinued or not their name's on it, you'd think they'd care a little more. Makes me reconsider buying more of their Tiger rods. I like 'em, but I hate to give a company that treats customers like that more money.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Does this mean you won't buy anymore Penn reels as well, LOL!!! Shakespeare owns penn as well!!!!

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I don't own any Penns:smile2: As long as they don't buy Abu, I'm good:wink:

8. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Guess what, the same company owns all three now.

9. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That sucks I had a Shimano Spinning reel that is about 5 years old. It started binding early last summer. I took it apart cleaned it tighten everything and it was good. A month later it started binding again. I called Shimano they told me to send it for service. Two weeks laters I got my reel back and a letter saying the reel discontinued no parts available. I called back and explained to them why they asked to send the reel in the first place. Cutting to the chase two weeks later I recieved a brand new reel ( its closest equivalent since mine was no longer made) in the mail. I was very impressed by their actions.

10. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  11. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O

Berkley owns Abu.

12. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    This makes me wonder who owns D.C. now.LOL:smile2:

13. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I can guarantee you from experience the Penns will outlast any of those other reels and then some. Some people just can't cast them because they don't KNOW how.LOL

14. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    Great feedback Adam. I bet you saved some guys some money & big headaches.:cool2:

J

15. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
  16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Seems to me that what I have read on their site (Jardan's), That they are a stock holding firm that has lost alot of money since July of 07. They have controlling stock intrest's in the companies listed. If their stocks keep dropping, what do you thing is going to happen to the companies that they control? Yep, you guessed it "Bankrupt". They are playing money games and losing.