Shakespeare M.I.C.R.O.S.P.I.N

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by katfish hunter, Feb 17, 2006.

1. katfish hunter

katfish hunter New Member

State:
    Jacksonville,FL.
    My dad just bought me an ultra light shakespeare microspin. Gonna use it tomorrow to catch some big bluegills.Anyone used these rods before.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey, my little cousin has one of them! It is great for a ultrlight and it is a great price. I have used his before, even in saltwater and it works great. I put 8lb test on it.:)

3. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Now thats funny,I was just loking at one of those combos day before yesterday and thinking that it would make a great panfish rod.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    we have a couple of them they work great enjoy it. i have mine spooled with 4 pound

5. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I bought one bout a year ago. got it to use when im fishin for bait. lasted a couple times out now the reel craped out wont reel in the line anymore i have 4# on mine

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have had a microspin for 3 years now and I love it, with a little care they will last a while, I like to take it with me when I am cattin and throw it out with an aberdeen hook with some corn and small split shot and wait for the carp! catchin' a 4-6lb carp on that is a workout! I spool it with 4lb cajun line and I have the drag set fairly light, makes for an exciting night! I plan on getting my brother-in-law one because he is always takin' mine (he is only 14)

7. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    I got four of them, I use them for Blue Gil and Crappie, They are a lot of fun. I have not had any problem with them and mine are over four years old.

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Small reels are lots of fun.If you get a chance,try it on a light fly rod.I fished some that way and realy loved it.Thanks for sharing.Please let us know how it works out.peewee-williams.

9. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I hope that you enjoy it as much as I enjoy putting to test my ultralight gear. I picked up a Quantam Microlight 00 combo last year and have caught everything from 4lb channels, shellies up to a pound, pike up to 30" and even bass up to 10lbs!!! All on 4# test...so never say that you're gear is too light, unless it's obvious...like you're targeting 20+lb brutes!

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I also have 4 of them, Using them on 10ft crappie rods. First fish was a drum around 10 bls and worked great .
    Pete

11. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    i have a microlight that my dad bought me bout 10 years ago, still using it today. i love the thing. keep it spooled with 4# line and caught everything on it. dad even steals it from me sometimes and uses it to catch channel cat.

12. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    cant go wrong with it!

overall i use ultralights alot, biggest fish i caught was a 9 pound brown trout. not to good if there big channels around because last year i herd it go sssssszzzzzzzsssssssszzzz for about 5secs before it went snap! i use 4# most of the time but sometimes steep up to 6 for when using live bait incase i hook a channel or carp. *still doesnt help as i said