Shakespeare m/h powerod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by barbel, Jan 5, 2006.

1. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I have been looking at catfish connection the past few days, and while shopping for a new rod and reel, I noticed the shakespeare medium-heavy action powerod. I also noticed the medium action ugly stik tiger, and they both looked good to me. I am going to be putting a Penn 320LD on whichever rod I get, but the powerod is 30 dollars cheaper, but I have also heard absolutely <i>nothing</i> about it. So if it is comparable to the tiger, then I might get it, but if its junk, then I will just get the tiger. I need some help on which one I should get for my situation (big flatties) because I dont want to waste my money. If anyone can help me out I will love you forever (but only in a BOC sort of way lol.)

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hmmm....well I do know that the tiger rods are awesome! I know a tiger rod can handle a big flattie. I dont really know enough about that power-rod to be able to comment on it. But a Penn 320 on a Tiger rod sounds like a nice set-up IMO.

Take it easy, Zakk :)

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey I have a tiger rod that is great..But catfish connection also has the shakespere sturdy stik for under 20 bucks, I have seen the sturdy stiks in person, they are great rods and will handle big cats!

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

im looking at the powerod or the sturdystik.....the sturdy stick looked nice but so does the powerod:crazy:

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I have a Uglystick power rod. It's a 8' surf rod. There pretty good rods for the money. The Tiger rods are always good rods.