Shakespeare freeliner tws70fl

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ohiohawghunter45067, Dec 12, 2006.

1. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    im sure this has been discussed numerous times. but ill ask anyway, i was looking through the fishing closet and i found a 11 eagle claw naked. so i bought a shakespeare tidewater freeliner for it the biggest one bass pro had. my main set ups are abu 6500c3's and i have one okuma baitrunner. now the shakespeare. soi geuss what im asking. will this reel get the job done. on those big flattys and blues. it wont be used that often mainly as a back up or a loner. i did a lil research and not many people speak highly of them. money isnt an issue. so for those who have had expereince with them let me know what u think of them. if its a waste of money. ill defenitly exchange it and upgrade to another okuma or maybe even a shimano. again all good and bad feedback will help me make my decision

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nope I think u should keep it, I have not had problems with mind yet, but I guess I have only caught little cats it. do u have the TWS60FL model? thats what I have.

3. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    nope i bought the model above it the 70 series it feels like it built great. well anyway i bought it at bass pro theyll take anything back.if it breaks

4. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have 6 of the shakespeare tws70 fl reels and love them. Just bought my last 2 the other day.Had to track them down ,they just stop making them. Pics of fish where caught using them.

Attached Files:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    nice fish there I have a tidewater 30 that i use at times but theabu 7000 gets more use because its smoother