shakespeare durango rod & reel

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by unclebobo, Feb 18, 2008.

1. unclebobo

unclebobo New Member

State:
    missouri
    Was wanting to take my 3yr old nephew fishing for bluegills this year seen the durango rod for $7.00 & reel for $4.00 at wally world not wanting to spend alot until he gets a little bigger but he's got a kiddie pole he's been practicing on but as he told me "I'm a big boy I need a big boys pole".Just wondering if this would be a good set up for him.

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    dusty it will be fine for bluegills, i'm sure. when he gets good at that, he can help you catch the bait for the flathead trips!
    and welcome aboard, by the way!

3. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    they are good rod and reels. had a durango rod for nearly 4 years till it broke setting the hook on a monster 1.5 lb channel cat lol. reels arent bad either. good thing about em is thier cheap and if they break you aint out alot of money and can just go buy anotherone.

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yesh it would be fine for bluegills.not much else i also had one snap like a twig on a small cat,dont know about the reel.

5. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    That's a pretty good reel for a starter. It also does good for bluegill fishing.

6. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Easier to use than ugly sticks for small fish. I suggest you try using one of those "kiddie rod combos" they would cause you to quit fishing!