The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wanting to take my 3yr old nephew fishing for bluegills this year seen the durango rod for $7.00 & reel for $4.00 at wally world not wanting to spend alot until he gets a little bigger but he's got a kiddie pole he's been practicing on but as he told me "I'm a big boy I need a big boys pole".Just wondering if this would be a good set up for him.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
dusty it will be fine for bluegills, i'm sure. when he gets good at that, he can help you catch the bait for the flathead trips!
and welcome aboard, by the way!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
they are good rod and reels. had a durango rod for nearly 4 years till it broke setting the hook on a monster 1.5 lb channel cat lol. reels arent bad either. good thing about em is thier cheap and if they break you aint out alot of money and can just go buy anotherone.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
yesh it would be fine for bluegills.not much else i also had one snap like a twig on a small cat,dont know about the reel.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Easier to use than ugly sticks for small fish. I suggest you try using one of those "kiddie rod combos" they would cause you to quit fishing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts