Shakespeare Arsenal

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by motard1, Jul 9, 2008.

1. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Anybody ever try one. I've cast one,once. They are like a tidewater but with gear reduction,4.2-1. They are on sale in a combo at bps for $49.99. Any info is appreciated. Oh yeah, they call it a trolling reel,why.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have never tried one, but I am a big fan of the tidewater

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I never tried one but I did see them on In-Fisherman using them for gaint alligattor gar in Texas. If they can bring in those big fish they should be alright.

4. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    That sounds like a pretty tough reel if they were big gar. I usually don't like combos,but I have heard good things about the tidewater rods. And I figure,the reel is $50 or so,so the rod is basically free.

5. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    what is that combo called? I looked on bps website and couldn't find it.

6. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    No idea on the name. I am buying one this afternoon after work. I'll post the name and any other info.

7. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mo,

I have 1 shakespeare ccbws702m thats been a good spinning combo 190 yd 20lb , 28lb blue biggest so for on it no prob brought it rite to the boat

and i just bought two tidewaters twss2040ca2040 and 1 twss ca66 2040lb

on the 7 ft'ers i put 2 new 7000ics pro rokets and on the 6'6" i put a penn 209m

bought the rods at walmart for 31.96 ea

tried them out this morning but got rained out i'm going back tonight

hope this helps

8. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I ONLY use shakespeare products.....RODS,REELS,LINE..... EVERYTHING!!!!!! im also a strickly light tackle guy.... while snagging shad last winter one of my fishing buddies brougt in a 10lb striper on 4 lb cajun line....

when using lighter line you need a good drag....shakespeare combos have very good drags....some are okay but most of the newer models have excelent drags.....

i got one of the spinning tiger combos, i made new discs for the spool and put 14 lb cajun line on it so now i use it for flatheads + CPR when channelcat fishing or striper fishing....

9. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Well.its a kick ass combo. Spooled it upw/ cheap line,it cast like a dream. I'll try and post a pic of the combo,as well as model numberw.

10. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

are you talking about one of theese??????? i tried to find it on the web and i think this is it...... http://www.shakespeare-fishing.com/products/combos/skp-bigwater-combo.shtml#70

11. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I am not sure about it,but my new arsenal is awesome. I spooled it with 30 lb. trilene big game. Put on a 2oz.weight and went to the local park. I can cast it the full length of the soccer field. I love it so far.