Shakespeare Arsenal or Okuma Classic Pro

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by jordange3, Jun 15, 2009.

1. jordange3

jordange3 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am getting 4 new catfish combos as a graduation present from my parents..i dont want to drain there wallets so i have narrowed it down to 2 reels..the shakespeare arsenal and the okuma classic pro..i dont know which to get..i have been told by a very famous cat fisherman in my area to get the arsenal but i just dont know..if anyone has any advice please help me..also please help me to try and decide what rods to get..thanks for all the help :big_smile:

2. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    i bought a 30th anniv. uglystik spincasting combo for 30 bucks and have caught SEVERAL decent cats.... for such a small pole it packs a punch but is better for bass not cats which is why i went to an 8 ft ugly stik catfish baitcaster for 35 with a 30 dollar bass pro mega cast baitcaster reel and i got a 6 ft ugly stik catfish spincaster w/ reel for 40 today from bass pro, i took off the reel and put on my daiwa emcast spincaster reel (69.99) bass pro. i have seen alot of other poles for a higher price bow down to ugly stik. its americas strongest most sensitive rod. if you wanna piece together ur own combo i suggest something like my baitcaster.... total price 65 bucks. not bad at all for a sweet set up

3. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Personally I'm a big Okuma fan myself, but thier specialty is the mid price ranged stuff, and I can gaurantee you will find no mid-priced fishing gear that performs any better..... but when it comes to the budget priced "rod-n-reel" combos, Shakespeare is the end-all be all, any time I'm just looking for a cheap rod-n-reel, it's gonna be Shakespeare, because I know it's going to work!

4. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Get an Abu 6000.you can find em on ebay for like $50
    And they can reel in anything a Arsenal or an Okuma can:wink:

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Guess what my advice would be.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You could get one abu reel instead of two okumas, or the arsenal. both I consider poor baitcasting reels...

7. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I personally fish the Okuma myself paired up with the Okuma Blue Diamond rod. It's been a great combo for me

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Gotta love the Okuma

9. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    i use arsenal ar15hd and okuma 202l reels and have not had any problems catching fish and ive caught alot of fish with these reels. only problem i have with the 6500c3 or 7000 reels are they are not sealed very good i got alot on sand and dirt and water inside them

10. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    i would go with the asenals hd model or the okuma 202l or 302l

11. flatheadsteve

flatheadsteve New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i agree, but i am a die hard abu fan :wink:

12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Ok I will guess uh uh uh maybe Okuma? Gotta love em I do.

13. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Depending on their stock, Rogers sportinggoods has 6000B's for $49.99. Just Google the name and you should easily find it. At that price, I would take the Garcia any day.