Shakespeare 12' Medium Spinning Pro-Touch Rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catfishjohn, Sep 14, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Does anybody have one of these? I just got one a couple days ago for almost nothing. It seems like a good sturdy rod. I'm gonna try it out in the river soon and was wondering if any of you all have one and if you like it or not. Any info and feedback is appreciated! I've put an Abu 6000 on it for now. I'm gonna shop around for a big spinning reel for it.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Hmmmm....Maybe nobody has one of these. Bump this back up and see what happens. :smile2:

3. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    I've never hered of that perticular rod, but shakesphere is a pretty good name IMO

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have never of that rod nethier. Hope you have good sucess with it.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Lots of new members,maybe someone has one of these. I still haven't tried it out yet...

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive got three of the Pro Touch rods and I love them. I didnt think they still made them, did you get it new or used. Ive caught many cats on these rods and I keep a 2 piece 8 footer in my car at all times. IMHO they are great rods, good luck with them.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    It was used but its in excellent condition. Thanks for the info. I'm gonna try it out on my next trip to the Ohio river. I've got a 6000 on it but want to get a big spinning reel for it.

8. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    John, that will be a good rod for fishing for stripers-hybrids at the dam.The 6000 will work fine for it with 15 lb. line for good distance.
    Jake