Shakespear Tidewater Big Water fishign Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by HARVRAD2003, Mar 19, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    While surfing BASS PRO I noticed they had a Rod (BTW60-SUNR) that was 6'6" and was rated for 40-130 lbs., they only run 49.00. I was wondering for lets say river fishing and 100 lb. power pro would these be a great deal. I figure you could get 2 for just over a 100.00 and not have to worry about what size fish you hauled in, this rod is rated for MH / 2-12 OZ. weight. Has anyone tried these, I'm thinking about possibly ordering 2--at least if I don't like them when they come in I can always take them back to BASS PRO here in ST. Louis and get something different.

2. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know what rods you're talking about. They look nice, and Shaksphere makes it.:)

3. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I've seen them at Cabela's here, and they look wonderful. Great action and taper. And the maker of the Ugly Stik, Shakespeare, does make them, so you can probably be assured that they will be good.

:0a26:

4. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I went and ordered 1 today, I'll hopefully get it in a week or so. Don't know what it will be like but I'm going to try it on a PENN 320 GT2 when I get it in and hopefully use it on the RIVER this year.

5. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Went and cancelled my order today and ordered 2 Muskie Ugly Stick 6'6" H Action Rods, they are rated for 20-50 lb. test--they run about 36.00 each, also went and ordered 1 Medium Ugly Stick Tiger Rod. Talked with an individual on the phone about the rod that I ordered and he said they we mainly meant for open water not for casting, so I took his advise and decided against it. Figure I'll use the 2 Muskie Rods with my 320's for the river.

6. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Just a little question

7. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Sorry, question is the muskie rods are rated for only 3/8 to 1 1/2 oz. lure, is this rod strong enough to sling a 6-8 oz. weight or not. Like I said the rod is rated for 20-50 lb. line, I was just hoping that it'll still work fine with weights that large.