Shakespear baitrunner fishing reel?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by beaneye46, Apr 19, 2006.

1. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i have a shakespear bait runner, and for the money its my top pick, its sturdy and holds a lot of line and you can turn the drag up more than any other reel i own. does anyone else use this reel?

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have a Shakespeare Tidewater Freeliner Spinning Reel.TWS70FL.Seems to be a very nice reel.BUT I have not used it yet.Peewee-williams

3. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    One thing I didn't like about the Shakespeare was that you had to manually flip from baitrunner to main drag. I like my Oluma Epixor because it flips over when you start reeling.

4. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    I too have the Shakespeare Tidewater Freeliner Spinning Reel/TWS70FL. 2 of them. I love these reels. I've used them for the last 3 seasons. They rock. The free spool drag is adjustable and I like the switch as you can then use the free spool drag as a fighting drag if you need to with a huge fish when they freight train you.:cool:

Plus, with those reels on my 9' rods I can flip a rig with a 2 oz singer almost 150 yds real easy. Nice!

For the money these reels are tops. What I paid for these 2 reels, I might have been able to buy one Shimano.

5. catfishbeatty81

catfishbeatty81 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i use a Shakespeare Tidewater Trolling Reel with 30lb test line

6. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    150yds come one superman u mean 150ft- 50 yds 150yds 11/2 football felds 450 ft :roll_eyes: :amazed: :amazed: :doubt: :cry: :waaaht: :smile: wish i could do dat, wouldent need my boat any more lol U DA MAN!

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I agree these reels are great! Sadly the little pen that holds the reel handle on broke on mine though and it's hard to get another one. Anyone know where I might be able to order one?

Zakk

8. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Give them a call at 800-347-3759.M-F.8:eek:o am-4:30 pm.East coast time.Luck,peewee-williams

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ok, I will try it, thanks man.

Zakk

10. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have the Okuma Coronados and they operate like a Epixor,but I like being able to control it manually.I wish the Coronados were like that.I wonder if they can be modified to man-u-well?Anyone know how?peewee-williams