Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot bubba I believe it is 25RMEUR it is a 96 or 97 model Evenrude I will also measure I think it is a little long for a 15" transom would it fit or do I need to look for a boat with a taller transom.

·
Registered
625 Posts
short shaft is standard for 15" (vertical measurement) transom. I know my transom is 17" measuring down the back and w/ my short shaft 20hp the cavitation plate is perfectly even with the bottom of the boat. That's what you want. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my transom is 15" vert measure or 17" measured down the back with the cavitation plate about 2.5" below the bottom with the trim pin in the lowest hole I am thinking about raising the engine to try to get better performance. the main prob is that the engine is to heavy (I think) there is not enough freeboard while running off plane the boat is a 1542 I think I need a 1548 to handle the weight of the 3 cyl motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.