SHAD

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by CHANCE_LIVEWIRE, Apr 20, 2008.

1. CHANCE_LIVEWIRE

CHANCE_LIVEWIRE New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I DID SEE A FEW FOLKS CATCHING SHAD, SO MAYBY THERES A FEW LEFT OUT THERE.

2. SunburntAgain

SunburntAgain New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    I do not know whats going on on my river this year. On the Arkansas I'm usually catching shad by the netfulls by mid March, and the sandbass are usually running good by the time the redbud trees are blooming. But this year the shad are really scarce and the sandies still havn't shown up. The catfish seem to be moving upriver like normal, but I don't know whats going on with the lack of shad. Thats fishing though, seems like everyime I think I have things figured out I see something new.

3. oklahoma caveman

oklahoma caveman New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i think all the flooding has caused the problems, but thats just my take on it

4. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    The shad are still in the river, just like the blues are still there... The flood water has moved their "comfort area". When you find the area that has what they need to survive, you'll find them.

I look in feeder creeks where the current is present, but not as swift as the main current. The shad will most likely be in the deeper channels during the day and up shallow in the lights at night.

When you find the shad, drop a baited hook to the bottom right there... you might just get a HUGE suprise!

5. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    shad have moved back into the creeks here in 5 0r 6 ft. deep. so far no sand bass run here and crappie are tuff to find also. blues are where you can find there and are eager to make your bait clicker sing!