Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I do not know whats going on on my river this year. On the Arkansas I'm usually catching shad by the netfulls by mid March, and the sandbass are usually running good by the time the redbud trees are blooming. But this year the shad are really scarce and the sandies still havn't shown up. The catfish seem to be moving upriver like normal, but I don't know whats going on with the lack of shad. Thats fishing though, seems like everyime I think I have things figured out I see something new.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The shad are still in the river, just like the blues are still there... The flood water has moved their "comfort area". When you find the area that has what they need to survive, you'll find them.

I look in feeder creeks where the current is present, but not as swift as the main current. The shad will most likely be in the deeper channels during the day and up shallow in the lights at night.

When you find the shad, drop a baited hook to the bottom right there... you might just get a HUGE suprise!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.