shad

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Oct 17, 2009.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Are they getting shad in drake or did they go deep ,coming down today and fish off the rocks alnight ,the boat still down so need to see where to get some shad .if i have already left and you find shad close to the bank give me a call 660-909-8255

2. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    If you don't mind the extra drive i have some id give you I'm in union just east on HWY 50 about 30 miles

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Thanks but i shouldnt have a prolem getting some down there ,alittle far to drive for shad

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: good to talk with ya robert :big_smile:

man oo man i wish i could go this weekend i just know your gonna catch a beast !!!!!!!!!!!

good luck buddy cant wait to see the pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thought you were fishing this weekend Scotty?

Hope you get on 'em Robert (and whoever else goes).

I may try to go for a few hours tomorrow during the day. Couldn't catch anything a few weeks ago, hoping the cooler weather will do some good.:embarassed:

6. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    nope i had to watch my son this wekend my wife went to spend the weekend with her aunt .

ugggggggggg i wish i was fishing somebody is gonna catch a hawg daddy soon i bet :big_smile::big_smile:

good luck to all going out :wink: !!!!!!!!!!!

I will be playing video games and ordering pizza hut lmao

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Grrrrr, it's hard to keep from loadin my wagon and going to Warsaw.:confused2: Just got off the phone with Robert and he's plannin on fishin all nite. Said they are runnin water and i'm thinkin he'll have a good trip, hope so anyway. Any of you local guys see a little scrawny guy sittin on a rock below the dam this evenin stop and pick him up. Good fisherman and a hellova nice guy.

8. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Going tommorrow also. Hopefully we get ourselves some biggins.

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Colin.

10. huntoften

huntoften New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hope you boys found a parking spot down there! :eek:oooh:

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    well not much to report 2 around 4lbs before dark then peck,peck alnight ,

12. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know the feeling Robert, We fished for 6 1/2 hrs with a less than 1 fish an hour average. Loaded the boat and hit the road around 2:00 am.
    Not every trip is full of Biguns!! :smile2: Maybe we will get em next time!!!
    Rob

13. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    I fished from about 10 to around 630. Caught around 15 fish biggest was a little over 20.My buddy was ready to go around 1 I kept saying they would start biting in a little bit as it got colder and colder but they never really picked up to well. So around 6 after realizing there was frost all over us and the boat we decided to call it a night.:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

14. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :angry::angry: darn fish its a bummer when they wont bite when ya know they are swimming around your bait uggggggggg :sad2::sad2:

you guys are hard core indeed cold night and yas stuck it out !!!!!!

well you guys paid your dues thats for sure fishin in weather like that !!!!

next time I bet you guys knock the snaut out of them and catch a hawg daddy :wink::big_smile::big_smile:

best wishes fellors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went last night under the dam, fished from 6pm to 1230 am. Not much for bites. VERY slow. 3 eaters and a walleye. Hell we couldnt even catch bait wortha hoot.Got a few pictures il post later on tonight.

16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I went down there on Sunday, kind of a last minute trip. In my first hour I got 15-20 nice fish in the castnet :embarassed:. With the shad caught it was off to look for catfish. I anchored, drifted, walked bait, etc, and came up skunked. Fished the daylight hours only. It was nice to get down there again though, was my first time on the water below the dam in well over a year.

17. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    That was about my luck too on sunday.We caught about a dozen 5lbs and under,My partner landed a 15lber.It was far and few between,for us.

Attached Files:

18. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

19. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    where you up by the bouys?

20. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri

I didn't fish the Buoys. We were below them,across from the point on the East side. I wondered if that was you with the big nice camp fire? I had my heater in the boat or I wouldn't have stayed as Long as we did. When we started up the highway the truck thermometer had 31 degrees and the parked cars in Lincoln and Sedalia were white with frost. :crazy: