shad

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by FirefighterBull, Sep 4, 2009.

1. FirefighterBull

FirefighterBull New Member

State:
    Charlotte Tennessee
    gatortail and i went down to cumberland city yeterday and loaded up on some shad lots of whole hooker yellowfins and about 20 gizzard shad big enough to cut up. the smaller yellowfins were in there by the truck load, gizzards were just hit and miss. only got one skip jack about 6 inches long. was up at the dam the other day looked like abunch out there busting top but just too many people bassfishing right where they were busting couldnt get in on em. ill try hittin em at first light next week. we will be on the water soakin the shad we caught this sunday maybee see some of yall out there.

2. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Awesome, thats good news. I was hoping they would start moving into the steamplant.

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    We was able to get tons of gizzard shad up here at the local spillway , the asain carp are so thick in there now you cant find a shad anywhere . Been having to use bluegill .

4. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Getting off the thread topic but don't overlook those Aisian carp for bait. There have been a couple of 50# fish caught the last couple of weeks here on them. I know of one guy who uses them almost exclusively and catches plenty of fish and some good ones to boot from time to time.

5. smith factor

smith factor New Member

State:
    tn
    hey willy do u know where i can catch some of those carp around cumb city and how thanks