Shad

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by TIGER44, Apr 1, 2006.

1. TIGER44

TIGER44 New Member

State:
    MANSFIELD. TEXAS
    I Have About 30 Lbs Of Frozen Shad I Need To Get Rid Of My Wife Doesn't Like Looking At Them Every Time She Opens The Freezer, I Know The Ingredince I Want To Use But How Do You Make Your Home Made Doe Bait Stay On The Hook?

2. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have read in food sites that gelatinized corn meal make a thick dough. I add Gluten to bread to stiffen the dough for certain things. I am going to try adding gelatin to my first attempt at dough bait. Boiling works too.

3. shepdog

shepdog New Member

State:
    Sherwood, Ar
    I am planning on making some shad and skip jack dough balls. I have been reading up on several recipies and some call for corn meal and others call for flour. I think it all depends on personal preference. I do believe that the corn meal and flour are used to keep the balls on the hook.

4. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    It depends on what you want if you want a soft dough I would start with some cheap wheat bread and knead it into a dough or if I wanted a hard dough ball I would start with Wheaties and knead it into a dough. I tend to stay away from flour.

5. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i wish i didnt have to have ten post before being able to see pics

6. billsbengals

billsbengals New Member

State:
    cincinnati
    i got a freezer full of 6in shad and 6in skip jacks from last year. when i get out to get my new bait i think i will try to make some doughball with the old ones. going to go with the wheaties first then mite try the wheat bread or the corn meal