shad

Discussion in 'Shad Talk' started by eastcoasttoggin, May 29, 2009.

1. eastcoasttoggin

eastcoasttoggin New Member

State:
    New York
    hey guys here in new york in the fall we have runs of American and hickory shad that are unbelievable i mean the boat i work on pulls in and after i finish filleting all i have to do is drop a sabiki rig down and all hooks load up my question is will these work for catfish bait even though they are a saltwater fish they are very oily just like skipjacks just curious the only other things we do with them is big striper bait and bluecrab bait

2. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    i don't know, but, i imagine they would be great, i'd love to try em anyway...

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Freeze up a box of them and ship them to me on dry ice and I'll let you know if they work on the Big Cats in the Mississippi River.:wink:

4. eastcoasttoggin

eastcoasttoggin New Member

State:
    New York
    when the fall run moves in i would love to try and send a few your way maybe you will find a good use for em most people here catch em and kill em for the hell of it:angry: so when the time comes ill try and send you a few keep in contact

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I sure dont see why they wouldnt catch catfish .

Welcome to the B.O.C.

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Being caught out of salt water I would think would be a + to use for catfish bait. I would love to try some of them.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have no dought they would work, catch you a bunch and freeze them to have on hand,

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    When I was stationed in San Diego we use to go to the pier and catch Mackeral to use for catfish bait and tore up the channel cats on them. They hadn't introduced the Blues down there yet but I would imagine they would have loved them also.

Ought to be good bait.

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I think for it to be a "proper" test you should send me a box too. We don't want you to be out there fishing with a bait that hasn't been thoroughly tested:wink:
    ...W

10. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    John, could i get a box of those also?

I'd love to test them on the KY River.............

11. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I would love to see if it works on the Kansas Cats, Let me know about getting a box or several from you when the time comes. :wink:

12. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I know this is a catfishing site but if its a real oily fish and you have lots of them why not make fish oil out of them?
    You can sell the oil to trappers. I know guys that buy it a gallon at a time.
    PM me and I'll tell you the process.
    Have a good 1
    just
    PS I'd like some frozen whole for catfish bait also.

13. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Id love to get a box of those too!