Shad Table

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by AwShucks, Nov 11, 2006.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    One thing about this time of the year and the next few months... you finally have the time to set down and work on the projects you have had in mind for the past few months. One of my projects has been this shad table. I am so tired of cutting shad on my plastic bucket...what a mess. So, I made this little table at a total expense of about $6.00. Most parts were just lying around the house.

Pic #1 is a picture of the rod holders in my Friend, FuzzFaces boat. Made mine identical to his, so the pic is the same.

Pic #2 is the parts required. The gavlanized pipe flange was purcahsed at Home Depot for $4.09 (as I remember), and the PVC fitting was $.79. This was all the out of pocket expense.

Pic #3 is everything assembled.

Pic #4 is the almost completed project. Need to sand the edges and coat with spar varnish or other type protectent.

All that is needed now is just to take the table out of the holder, swish it around in the water to clean it, and head home.

Well, I see the pics didn't make it - as usual. One moment please.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Let me see if I can do the pics now.

Attached Files:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    HOT DOGS... all you have to do is be persistant and have the files the right size to begin with. LOL

Attached Files:

4. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    I like that table Lawrence. I have a buddy in the counter top business. He has scrap pieces of solid surface. You dont have to varnish it or anything. Just wash it. If it gets to be too much of an eye sore, just sand the surface down a little and it's brand new. Won't ever come apart either. If you need a chunk, let me know.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Looks like a real winner

6. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Solid surface material is heavy and is also hard on cutting edges. Meat cutters boards work better and are easy to work with. I was given a used board that was badly worn. Run it though my power planner. Sanded with 220 paper. Like new surface.
    Steve

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Where is yer toes Shucks?:wink: Nicely done!!!

8. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Nice table Lawrence,

Now Buddy, if you want to fillet some Catfish, your gonna have to go to another lake, as that one has none..lol Your gonna need a bunch of those Shad to make yourself a decent meal...lol

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It is the pits living in Oklahoma. I know if I was in texas, those shad would weigh a minimum of 25 pounds. LOL. How you doing Bud?