Shad,skipjack

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Darkangler, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Darkangler

Darkangler New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Where's a good place to fish up some shad or skipjack around st.joseph,missouri to use for bait.:crazy:

2. Chris Baker

Chris Baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Call Tombstone Tavkle in Columbia. 573-874-2277

3. Darkangler

Darkangler New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Columbia isn't really around st.joseph...it's hours away and I don't wanna buy it..I want to catch it myself and use it for bait..:roll_eyes:

4. GawnFishin

GawnFishin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Go luck i havent found any shad or skippys all year long ive been looking on the river and feeder creeks on the kansas side try stinkie fingers she usually has shad sides and heads

5. Chris Baker

Chris Baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Look at it like this, if you buy it you know you have it and when you want it get it out and use it. Or spend lots of your time and money to catch it. Which ever is cheaper in your eyes. It is nice to get some skips out of the freezer and go fishing rather than go and hope you find some bait. It's been my experience or bad luck which ever that when the bait is easy the fish don't bite. When you can't hardly find any you will catch fish. What ever is easiest for you. Good luck.

6. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    why get it all way from columbia when u can get shad sides and whole skipjack at 40 woods bait in blue springs :roll_eyes: .02

7. Chris Baker

Chris Baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is just the one that I know of. I am sure you can get bait at several locations. Adam and I are friends and that is where I get all my fishing stuff. The skips he has are nice sized and very well taken care of. I don't know about anywhere else. I do know that unless you live where the skips are you will spend lots of time and money tring to get them. As for shad out of the freezer, that would not be my first choice. Fresh is always best! Good luck