Shad rigging

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by daredevle, Aug 30, 2007.

1. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    does any body know how to rig a shad good for channels and other catfish i use live and perserved shad thanks:wink:

2. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I rig live shad for flattys by hooking them in the upper lip. When using cut shad I cut them in chunks (back to belly) and hook them around the backbone. I have tried the packaged stuff but have not had any luck with them thus far. Welcome to the brotherhood and good luck.

3. Bigbaldcountryboy

Bigbaldcountryboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I filet the shad on one side. Put the hook through the eye on the opposite side and bring the filet up and hook the tail end of it on the hook.

4. lock52_fisherman

lock52_fisherman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    for blues I'll hook it through the head then bring it around and hook it through the tail making it curved looking(that is what they do when they die and it looks natural for the blu) for flat heads I'll hook it through the bottom of the mouth through the top of the head and i'll also cut it making it bleed. Works for me but i think I'm gonna try bigbaldcountryboy's way that sounds really good! thanks

5. Bigbaldcountryboy

Bigbaldcountryboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Check out my post of "chumming Rig" ,it has pictures and shows just how I rig up. Hope it helps!