Shad on Pomme

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by sherdan, Jun 4, 2006.

1. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    Going to Pomme for a few days, was there a few weeks ago and couldn't find any shad. Has anyone been over that way and seen any or are they still deep?

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They're there. Depends on what part of the lake you're going to. Look out on the flats right before dark and you will see them popping on the surface. I got a few at Bolivar Landing a few weeks ago. Left the ramp and then went left up in the river channel, got the shad in about 10 feet but on the surface. Chris

3. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    Hey, thanks Chris I guess I just picked the wrong day or something, I know we sure couldn't find any that day and that's pretty unusual for that lake they're normally thick. Have you been doing any good over there? We camp over at Hermitage and drift and jug Martin's flats never caught anything over about 12 lbs. but alot of nice eating size you know around 2 to 4 lbs. Thanks agin for the reply and good luck on your next trip.

4. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I caught some real nice channels earlier in the spring but its slowed down since the water got high. I've caught some nice channels at Martins Flats also. I fish near the grassy rocky banks close to where the bluffs meet the flats. Best fishing I've had on the lake is up near Bolivar Landing. If you've never been up there its worth a trip. Lake is full of flooded timber and is more if a river setting than a lake. Caught a 22 pound channel there this spring and several over 10. We have a lake house at Nemo so I go down there all the time but usually end up driving over to Warsaw. I've always done best on Pomme fishing with live bluegill also. Chris

5. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    I've caught alot of black and white bass over around Boliver and a few walleye never have done any catfishing over there for some reason or another. Will give it a shot though, headed over to Hermitage Wed thru Sun. If you're out and about and see a white deckboat without any logos on the side stop and say howdy. Thanks for the info.