Shad near Brandenburg

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by STICKBENDER, Jan 14, 2007.

1. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We are planning a rtip to the Ohio and staying in Brandenburg, not familiar with area, where can we get some skip jack or shad nearby. We are only going to be able to fish a couple days and dont want to waste all of aor time travel around for bait.. We are coming from NE Missouri, so if any hting along route would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Hello! Im Not Sure What Day You Posted This. We Have Had Alot Of Rain,and The Creeks Are Over The Banks Today. There Are Serveral Creeks Near Brandenburg, But It Will Be Awhile Before I Would Put A Boat In The River. Let Me Know When You Are Coming Back This Way. Jim

3. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We haven't set a firm date but we were thinking 2-3 week of Feb. for our trip.. Do you hve much luck for shad in creek mouths?
    Thanks for responding

4. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    We Can Sometimes Find Shad Around Brandenburg. There Is A Creek On The Indiana Side That Comes In Right Before The Bridge.there Is A Creek Up River About 3 Miles On The Ky.side .when The Water Is Down To Normal Levels,we Usually Find Shad There. I Usually Bring Frozed Shad Or Some Bluegills From My Pond. Right Now We Are At Flood Stage,and The Creeks Are Full. If I Can Help You Or Maybe Fish Together,let Me Know.
    Jim