Shad near Brandenburg KY

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by STICKBENDER, Jan 16, 2007.

1. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We are planning a trip to the Ohio and staying in Brandenburg, not familiar with area, where can we get some skip jack or shad nearby. We are only going to be able to fish a couple days and dont want to waste all of our time traveling around for bait.. We are coming from NE Missouri, so if any thing along route would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    [​IMG]

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    when are you coming? I am on up the river and it is nasty right now. I was going to go out last friday but there were trees floating down it so I stayed off. I would probably wait a couple weeks to come but somebody else will be able to post more about conditions. I know that up by Cincinnati it is up 10 feet right now.

3. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    looking at second or third week of Feb. for trip,, I hope the rivers in good shape, but it was up 13 ' in my avitor photo.

4. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    There is a plant just upstream from Brandenburg with a hot water discharge, you should be able to net some baitfish there. I don't know where your planning on fishing, but the Cannelton Locks are about a 40 mile drive downstream (west) from Brandenburg and some monsters have been pulled out of there. Good Luck!
    Oh, I just got back from Caesar's in Louisville, and the Ohio is whistling Dixie! Two more feet and they were going to close down the boat. I wish they would have, it would have made for a cheaper trip!:sad2:

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    yes the ohio river is nasty right now herre in evansville it runs about 13.5 an its up to about 41.0 feet there is alot of trees floten down it should be down by that time hope you have a good trip