Shad @ Mosquito Lake?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tkbiker, May 31, 2007.

1. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Can anyone offer up a good place to get some shad with a casting net at Mosquito Lake? Im going to be buy there next week and wanted to stop and get some more bait for the freezer.

Thanks in advance for any/all responses!
    Todd

2. joeczar

joeczar New Member

State:
    Parma, Ohio
    I would try the water below the spillway it is alway good for a few shad. You may even get a some blue gills and crappies. I know someone that netted a 5lb walleye
    Good luck to you I may be heading out there myself this weekend

3. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio

Joe thanks for the info ...keep us informed of how you do this weekend!

4. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Todd just make sure the bluegills and crappies go back in if caught in a cast net keeping them is a big fine if caught ,just a heads-up dont want to see a brother get in any trouble

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Yep they r there but dont lose your net there on the snags plz!!!!

:angry:

6. joeczar

joeczar New Member

State:
    Parma, Ohio
    The water was very slow saw lots of bait swimming around We did not get any shad with the cast net so we fished for some blue gills and all we could catch were crappies. It was not a very productive night we did not even have any kind of a bite. I was talking we a gentleman there and he said they have a new dam engineer and he said the engineer hasn't really opened it up yet so there was not much of a current. We saw a lot of walleye swimming below the dam.
    Good Luck to you if you do go there and try it
    Let me know how you did
    Joe

7. dylan543

dylan543 New Member

State:
    ohio
    good luck dood hope you catch some bluegills and shad.let us kno ur turn out if you go.Good Luck!:confused2:

8. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well i was at Mosquito Lake yesterday thru that casting net until i was sore....GOT NOTHING BUT SUNBURNED! :waaaht:

Any ideas from any of the experts out there?

I thru the casting net by the state park ramp, down by the causeway and up along shore we were in a boat so we could move around and try different places but all had the same result.....NOTHING!:0a28: