shad jackpot

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Jan 18, 2010.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    stoped by a little spot off the road here i know of that has shad at times , i tossed the net to the 10' deep hole and thought it got hung. Dang net was full of shad , thought id never get the net in lol , so i got shad for awhile - comence fishing

Attached Files:

2. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Nice Robert !! I'd say you hit the mother load !!! ty for Pic's

3. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Well, Ya done good!!!I just wish i could get my hands on some shad and Gold eye.

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    nice sized shad robert

5. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    damn , i must be slipping .................. missed an arkie posting pictures of bait , as usual............

6. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Coach i new you couldnt resist -------lol

7. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    good stuff man... wish i could get me some like that...

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats, good score. Some nice size one's in there..

9. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    And I presume you will never tell the location Tall! Nice Catch - now when we gonna wet a hook?

10. mrgib31

mrgib31 New Member

State:
    Conway, Arkansa
    CNTRYBOY,

I was hoping that he would slip & let the location out....guess not! So I am back on the hunt for a bait spot. I hate buying frozen shad whe I can net them live myself.

11. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    good job robert. I heard that ya got yourself a freezer too so Regina will no doubt NOT be screaming!

12. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I usually have a few places I can catch shad if I need them. Just not as big or near as many!

13. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    i got no problem with giveing out the location ,There is a lake here in pine bluff- called lake pine bluff .On the main highway throught town go North past the lake and you will come to the next red light . turn right ( there will be a ron lusbies ambulance station there) go to the light and take another right .you will see a deep ditch on both side of the road. park on the road there and walk across the road(towreds the graveyard) and down the embancment , there is a concrete slab there where the water runs under the road . just drop your net straightdown ! dont throw it out - there is a 10 ft hole at your feet below the slab. Shad and croppie stay in this hole year around. This is a channel that feeds into the lake pine bluff. If you catch it on a warm day you can hardly pull the net in . good luck and newt any time your ready

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  14. mrgib31

mrgib31 New Member

State:
    Conway, Arkansa
    Thank you for the info, I am still new to th catfishing scene in Arkansas. Some folks out on the water and the banks wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire. I don't get that, I was taught to share what you know it will better the sport fishing for others. Guess grandpa's way of teaching is gone.

15. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Ready? I've been ready! Anytime on a weekend Tall! Have not been out in a boat in a while and done any good fishing!

16. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    james i understand what you are saying , i was the same way until i joined the boc, i have learned tons from these members on here and still learning ,. but if i got any info that can help someone out to be a better catfisherman than im all for it . All of us here are still learning , dont be afraid to ask , i knew nothing about catfishing till i joined up here,

17. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Fellow members - LET ME TELL YA - When Tallman speaks , it is the truth.We was on our way to Pine Bluff to pick up the kid from his dad's house. So we left early enough to go by this here Shad Honey Hole that Tall was talking about. But, in the process something came up and we ended up sidetracked and plans were looked to be spoiled.But, after getting back on track to our destination we were finally on our way. It was getting mighty close to dark on our way there and I was getting disappointed. But as eagar as I was, I stuck to the plan.We pulled up to the Shad Honey hole and it was dark, And cold as could be. Now, I was eagar and desperate to see just how good this place was. So, I buttoned up my coat and prepared to go about it anyway! I turned the truck headlights toward the Concrete platform and got out the net. Being as we was in Pine Bluff - next to a Cemetary - IN the dark, then Trisha got in the drivers seat, just in case some no good person might decide to do me in, then she could high tall it out of there and leave me lying(at least I was close to the proper place of Burial).I took two throws of my cast net , and that is all it took. My five gallon bucket was running over with shad of all sizes. I even thru a bunch back that missed the bucket. That is not to count the Slad Crappie(Big ones) and a few other game fish that got in the net!So Tall - my hats off to you- that is one sweet Shad Honey Hole, no matter if it is in the middle of a sunny day or on a cold night after the sun goes down!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  18. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I have been to that hole with Tall.. yes it is a very good bait hole most of the year.