Shad in southwest Ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tbull, Nov 7, 2007.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Anyone else having trouble getting shad in the Cincinnati area? Most of my usual spots aren't producing. I know the weather change has alot to do with it, anyone got any ideas. Not asking anyone to give up there honey holes, but I am 72 hours out with no bait. Also anywhere around here to catch skips fairly easily?:embarassed: Any suggestions appreciated, not used to having this problem...

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    the best places that we look for them is in pipes coming outr of the city an its a plus if you find one that water comes out of all the time as far as skips id start looking at the dams around u or if there is a power plant close look in the hot water discarge

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    a lot of skippies being caught below Meldahl, from shore on the KY side. Check that out.

Salmonid

4. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Travis,
    Myself as well as vlparrish were out yesterday also. After about two hours of searching, we finally found some shad, skips and a couple gills at a hot water discharge at a local power plant. If you have access to a power plant in your area, id suggest trying there. I hope this helps you out. rspd507

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks for the help guys, I tried again last night with no luck, and with it getting dark so early, I have about an hour to play with after work. SO I guess we are gonna go for it Saturday morning once we hit the water, hopefully we can get some then.:sad2: