shad in Badin Lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Brad0828, May 7, 2008.

1. Brad0828

Brad0828 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I'm going to badin friday nite, and I need to know where I can catch some shad at, I put in at old whitney, I probably won't get there until 11p.m, so if anyone could tell me where I could catch some shad I would really
    appreciate
    it. Thanks

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    there were some in Garr creek for tournement last weekend but they were a little small, it is to far for me to go to alcoa and look for bait but starting around the bouy by dam leading up behind the dam you can catch some but mostly perch is what I have been pulling up. a shad every now and then. if you know an easy shad place you might want to pick them up on the way.

3. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    This time of year you can use your spotlight to find the shad. The threads I've been catching are shallow and full of eggs. There are a number of coves across from Old Whitney that will have some bait in them.

Has anyone else been catching thread/herring hybrids in Badin lately? I caught a bunch around the golf course last sat. night. The ones I got had an extra lateral line and a hinged mouth like a big herring, they were almost as wide as they were long. I haven't been getting the giz/thread hybrids as much lately, except on Tuckertown. Those hybrids are the perfect bait, frisky like a thread and hardy like a giz without all the slime :big_smile:.

4. CKT

CKT Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Garr creek was full of shad yesterday .

5. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I caught some bigger shad just outside of some grass beds in Garr creek last Sat. in shallow water.

6. Brad0828

Brad0828 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for the info