Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    People arent having much luck finding shad guts around here this year. Ive heard people down south sell big amounts of them. Just wondering If anyone knows where i could buy a couple hundred dollars worth?

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Calvin bait isnt runnin here either...leas not my 3 spots...Prety scarce 40 mile south too.

3. SouthernWhiskers

SouthernWhiskers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Calvin I can probably hook you up with all you need. Most of the big gizzard shad here aren't running yet but when they start we usually catch up to 2 or 3 5 gallon buckets a day. They also freeze well. Stay in touch

4. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Kenny Ive got plenty of guts i was able to get access to a freezer full early this year. But it was a lucky snag. Im just trying to get some for other people who havent had any luck getting them up here.

Whisker that would be great. Do you guys gut them?

5. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    How you want them? I might be able to get you tons. There is a creek back in Indiana that is just chock full of big ones. Have to see if anybody wants to go out and get some though. How much you wanting and how are you wanting them?

6. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Just wanting the guts. People catch thousands of pounds of 1-4 pound gizzard shad and gut them and sell the guts by the cases.

7. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    I was only able to find 3 jars of shad gizzards last year. All 3 local bait shops said they were too expensive to carry. I paid around $7.00 per jar for them. They are great bait around here. I'm looking for them already and I plan on stocking up when I find some. Fish on, Doug

8. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il

Yep.....me too. lol

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Theres a guy here I get mine from. But last year he sold 4000 pints and could not keep up with orders. Not sure if he is even taking on new orders this year. But I can find out.
    I was able to get 85 pints from him. I used to cut them out my self. Fill a 100 gallon stock tank 3 or 4 times per day cutting them out. But don't have a boat for that now.
    Betting shipping would kill you on them. Might be better o drive down and pick them up.
    It will be 4 to 6 weeks before they even get started here. Let me know how many pints your talking about. And I will see if i can get in touch with him.
    Pete

10. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    My plan was to pick them up Shiloh. Let me know. Ill be going to Bristol for the race in a few weeks. So ill be closer to your area anyways. Thanks again.

11. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Yeah, the two stores I go here, where either out, or just too high.

12. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    I am in on some shad guts! Let me know where and how much. If any of you are driving through Missouri let me know and I'll help with gas for delivery of shipment. I have very little time off so I usually spend it fishing. Let me know how I can help and as for how many pints I need I'm good for whatever is required.

Be sure to PM me.

13. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Joe. If you need more put me down for two or three cases. I have family that uses them in the spring also. I could probably get red of more if the price is good.

14. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Calvin I will see if I can catch him next Saturday. I am going to say he will not have any by then. But he may know someone that has extras.
    Pete

15. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il

Thanks a bunch.

16. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    never hear of any thing like this what do they preserve them in ?? shad guts please let me now more about this..

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Nothing is added. Just frozen.
    Pete

18. dexta

dexta New Member

State:
    illinois
    newbie here

How exactly do you fish shad guts

wouldn't be a good hook bait would it???

I've used whole, live and cut shad, but how do you hook the guts

19. flathead100

flathead100 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    How much are you needing?

Flathead100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.