shad guts anywhere?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by richhillcatfish, May 7, 2008.

1. richhillcatfish

richhillcatfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    really having trouble finding shad guts the last couple years, it is an excellent bait here in MO in cold water, I am looking to buy multiple cases of it, can anyone give me some info

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    jst curious, what does a case of guts go for? if i were closer to you i could give you all the shad guts you ever needed!

3. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
  4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    im going to get shad this weekend
    what would a 5 gallon bucket of shad guts be worth to anyone ?
    let me know before friday i have it by sunday

5. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    I pay $7.00 a quart jar for frozen ones from my local bait shop. I've only caught 3 live shad all year in my cast net. I do good with the frozen shad gizzards. Fish on! Doug

6. TccaAl

TccaAl New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shad guts here in Illinois run about $8.00 a pint. I prefer to get shad in the late summer and fall and then gut them and freeze them for the spring. You can also freeze the rest of the shad and not feel as wasteful. I do like fresh bait but always try to have frozen bait for the times when it is hard to get fresh.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    last year I spent $8.00 for a jar of shad gizzards with guts. now this store doesn't carry them. (yet) hoping they do real soon!! some of the best bait I have ever used on Cats and even wipers (hybrids).

8. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    come on down i help you catch more shad then you can use in several years lol

9. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    You can buy shad guts from The Bait Barn. They cost $5 for 8 oz. They also carry just about everything else. We just bought catalpa worms from there. They fed ex frozen packages monday through wednesday. The website is www.thebaitbarn.com