Shad gone wild?

Discussion in 'Shad Talk' started by Malichi1970, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Went down to the pond this morning and seen what looked to be 20-30 circles popping up on top of the water, in some areas the water was practically bubbling. Something was hitting the top water hard, I went down and looked but whatever was doing it was too small to make out from the bank. Do Shad do this? I know there are shad in the pond, but it looked like they were going crazy.

2. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    Yeap sounds like shad being preyed upon. In the lake I do most of my fishing at you can always tell where the wipers are feeding because of the shad going crazy like that.

3. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Bull frog tadpoles will make quite a disturbance on the surface of ponds. You will see an area about 4 or more feet in diameter that is dimpled all over and if you can get close enough you can see the tadpoles mouth kind of kissing the surface. I think they are skimming algae off the surface. Took me a while to figure out what they were, finally borrowed a paddle boat from a friend so I could get near enough to see them well..Dang tadpoles were 3 inches long.