Shad gone wild?

Discussion in 'Shad Talk' started by Malichi1970, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

Fenton, Missouri
    Went down to the pond this morning and seen what looked to be 20-30 circles popping up on top of the water, in some areas the water was practically bubbling. Something was hitting the top water hard, I went down and looked but whatever was doing it was too small to make out from the bank. Do Shad do this? I know there are shad in the pond, but it looked like they were going crazy.
  2. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    Yeap sounds like shad being preyed upon. In the lake I do most of my fishing at you can always tell where the wipers are feeding because of the shad going crazy like that.

3. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

Yulee Florida
    Bull frog tadpoles will make quite a disturbance on the surface of ponds. You will see an area about 4 or more feet in diameter that is dimpled all over and if you can get close enough you can see the tadpoles mouth kind of kissing the surface. I think they are skimming algae off the surface. Took me a while to figure out what they were, finally borrowed a paddle boat from a friend so I could get near enough to see them well..Dang tadpoles were 3 inches long.