Shad Gizzards

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by KingCatBrad, Apr 18, 2007.

1. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    I Was Just Wanting To Know If Any One Still Uses Shad Gizzards Because I Haven't Heard Alot About Them. All I Know Is That One Of My Buddy's Buys A Jar Every Time He Goes Out And I Have Seen Him Catch A Couple Channel Cats That Were Over 25lbs.

So Will Ya'll Tell Me What Ya'll Think About Them?

I Like Live Or Fresh Cut Bait Myself.....

Thanx For The Info Ahead Of Time.........

2. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sshhhhhh.....Dont tell everybody about my secret bait. Just kidding. Everytime I catch a big shad in the cast net, Ill cut him up for bait and cut out the guts for bait too. I've caught numerous cats on shad guts...usually smaller sized ones though. Good eating sized ones.:big_smile: I can usually catch 2 or 3 on the same bait before I have to change.

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    My dad used to buy them in frozen jars. i remembered that stuff Stinks! caught fish on them though.

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I've got cats and stripers on shad gizzards

5. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

:0a28:where do you guys buy them at?!:0a21:

6. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    shad guts are an excellent channel cat bait.. shad gizzards are a different story though.. a gizzard is a heart like muscle in a bird. they swallow seed whole with rocks and the gizzard pulvarizes it. basically it chews for them. lol, i could'nt resist...

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I catch the biggest gizzard shad I can and cut the gizzard out of him. it works good.

8. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    like stated earlier....i catch large shad and gut them....execellent catfish bait