Shad Cam

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ryang, Apr 9, 2008.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Its back up, for those of you that dont know what it is here is an intro for it

Over the past 35 years, populations of American shad, hickory shad, alewife, blueback herring, striped bass, and other anadromous fish species have steadily declined in Virginia. VDGIF, in collaboration with a number of other partners, has been working to bring back these fish, mostly by restoring access to historic spawning areas throughout coastal Virginia. In the James River, these species were known to spawn as far upstream as Eagle Rock until two sets of dams, in Lynchburg and Richmond, cut off over 400 miles of the river and tributaries. In 1999, a fishway was constructed at Bosher's Dam, providing fish with access to 137 miles of the James River and 168 miles of its tributaries for the first time in nearly 200 years. A camera at the fishway provides visitors a peek into this incredible journey as the fish return to spawn in the spring.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/shadcam/

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Depending on the time of the year you may see alot of fish going thru it. Right now I havnt seen any tho.

3. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
  4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Funny thing about the PA one.normal screen refreshes but this is what I get when I enlarge the screen
    webcam_rotate.php.jpg

5. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Brian thats the same thing I got to.

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    So Thats where I left My Jacket ? :wink: Thanks J.D.

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    psssstttttt

Ryan, here is the thread from March 17th about the cam being online. I posted others, and information about the cam as well.

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Camera must be in someone washing machine, they just throw some shad in there once in a while to keep it interesting..lol :smile2:

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the post enjoyed my reading