Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Shad below the Dillon dam

857 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Mathersm 
#1 ·
Tea, when I read your post about no shad for bait I remembered.I went to the licking on wednesday to get the water temp, Well that little pond off the licking below the dam was literally brimming with small shad. You could look out and see hundreds shimmering all around the pond all at once. Well within casting range of a cast net. I saw most waay back in the cove farthest from the river. The wind was herding them back there at the time.

#3 ·
freshwater mullet said:
the shad are lousy anywere near dillon
Brian, do you live close to Dillon? I go there quite frequently and never had a problem locating shad. Also, if you're from there, do you plan on going to our Ohio gathering on May 5,6,7? You're more than welcome. It's at Salt Fork, just post in the gathering section under May mayhem gathering.

#7 ·
Got to old 207 and cast of the road. The shallows near the whole stretch of bank, especially across from the little island, are full of 3-6 inch shad. I always catch plenty when I go. While your at it cast a couple out near the island. There are lots of cats that gather in that area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.