Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a guy can throw a net in the summer down at the perry tubes and catch all the shad needed, but if I was to go down there this weekend, would there be some? water is shut down, but it was running last week.

Since guts are pretty costly these days, I thought I might try some fresh shad and that might be an easy place to catch some. Thanks for any input into where to look for one.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
James I dont think your luck would be good at the tubes like Keith said being they shut them down.

I did not try but I was at Perry lake last week by rock creek marine and there were clouds of shad only about 6-8' deep.I know i could of netted them with no problem and know some guys that did net them on Friday last week.

So you might try that area.

I will be trying on Sat myself.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
James, try under the 92 bridge, off of the rocks. Throw out pretty far and let it sink about 10 sec. If your on a boat, even better. You should be able to pull some nice ones outta there. :big_smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.