Shad at the tubes?

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kansasgoose, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    I know a guy can throw a net in the summer down at the perry tubes and catch all the shad needed, but if I was to go down there this weekend, would there be some? water is shut down, but it was running last week.

Since guts are pretty costly these days, I thought I might try some fresh shad and that might be an easy place to catch some. Thanks for any input into where to look for one.

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    When I was down there last weekend , there wasnt any birds flying around. I wouldnt think there would be any down there.

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    James I dont think your luck would be good at the tubes like Keith said being they shut them down.

I did not try but I was at Perry lake last week by rock creek marine and there were clouds of shad only about 6-8' deep.I know i could of netted them with no problem and know some guys that did net them on Friday last week.

So you might try that area.

I will be trying on Sat myself.

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    James, try under the 92 bridge, off of the rocks. Throw out pretty far and let it sink about 10 sec. If your on a boat, even better. You should be able to pull some nice ones outta there. :big_smile: