shad around springfield

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by adam1886, Apr 27, 2008.

1. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    anyone know where to catch any shad or any kind of bait around springfield.i dont have a boat so ill be throwing a net from the bank

2. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you go over to the power plant off of weaver road you can usually find all the shad you want there on the side where they discharge the warm water. You shouldn't have any trouble getting all you want. If you need directions pm me .

3. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    I know a guy that gets shad below dam on James river road, by power plant.
    below dam, in winter warm water keeps it from freezing, only been their once or I would give better instructions. hop this helps.
    Jim

4. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    thanks for the info.i live pretty close to the power plant so ill go check it out this week

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Go and get them shad boy. I am going to need a lot this weekend when you are sitting and watching me catch all the fish:smile2:. I am putting you on my side of the boat and I will take Judy's side. She always catches more than I do so it has to be the lucky side of the boat.

Tom

6. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tom, If you are going to be down towards Bolivar, you can go over to caplinger mills and get all the shad you will need. I went over there wednesday and in about 30 minutes I had enough good sized shad to last me several fishing trips. Good luck this weekend.

7. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks Jon. I will get ahold of Adam he is living in springfield right now maybe he can check it out. That is my son and we are fishing together at Osceola this weekend.

Tom

8. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    What river is that close to?

9. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kevin,
    Caplinger mills is on the Sac River. It's awesome for crappie, hybrid bass, and walleye. I netted about a 10 lb hybrid there last wednesday while I was throwing for shad. It's really a neat little place. If you ever want directions to get there let me know.

10. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    hey jms, if you could would you please give me the directions.i might go check it out this wednesday.do you catch them from the bank or from a boat? im limited to only bank right now