Shad and skipjack

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by ragibson, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ragibson

ragibson New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hi everybody im from Henderson KY have been having trouble latley getting shad and skip need advice about kentucky or barkley dam from anybody please, best palce to go best time and are they running now? Any help would be great i would even buy them if i knew where. :crazy:

2. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Are you ever in Louisville ???? I know of a place that sells them whole !!!!

3. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    I have not been over to Kentucky Lake in about 4-5 weeks, but the couple times i went campin/fishin the shad would come into the mouths of the coves/bays just before and right at sunset. I would walk along the shoreline and watch for some surface activity and then throw my cast net. I caught several per throw, up to 10 or so...not nearly as good as below a damn or a warm water discharge, but better than nothin! :cool2:

Not sure if they are still comin in at sunset or not with the temperature change.

EDIT: i also netted the first shellcracker i had ever seen/caught, it was over a pound....guess it was chasin the shad

cyas
    rc

4. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey Tamjohn pm that info on where to buy them whole .I live in e-town. thanks Darryl

5. ragibson

ragibson New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey can you put the name of the place in louisville and their phone number if you got it thanks, on here.

6. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Catfish Jeffs off Blue Lick Rd.:cool2: Looks like a dump but he has everything and is very knowledgeable and helpful..

7. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    You can get a few shad below Barkley dam.